Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Developer <bb...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/26 01:10:49 UTC

Is there a way to standardize the stored values (like using synonyms for indexed values)?

I am trying to figure out a way to standardize the stored values using a file
similar to synonyms.txt file.

For ex:

If I have 3 entries as below

name: apple banana
name: appleBanana
name: applebaNana

Mapping

apple banana, appleBanana, applebaNana=> applebanana

I want to just have one entry (overwriting the other - I will be using this
name as unique id) to be stored in the index.

Not sure if its possible to do this currently. Can someone help me out?

Re: Is there a way to standardize the stored values (like using synonyms for indexed values)?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Well, synonyms can certainly do this, in fact
you're specifying the syntax for that substitution.

Do note that these are the _indexed_ values, not
the stored ones. So you'll still have the raw
text returned in the documents.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Perhaps your question is similar to another one on the list.

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Normalized-data-during-indexing-td4097750.html#a4097752

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 4:40 AM, Developer <bb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to figure out a way to standardize the stored values using a
> file
> similar to synonyms.txt file.
>
> For ex:
>
> If I have 3 entries as below
>
> name: apple banana
> name: appleBanana
> name: applebaNana
>
> Mapping
>
> apple banana, appleBanana, applebaNana=> applebanana
>
> I want to just have one entry (overwriting the other - I will be using this
> name as unique id) to be stored in the index.
>
> Not sure if its possible to do this currently. Can someone help me out?

Anshum Gupta
http://www.anshumgupta.net