Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "::SammyRulez::" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/22 11:03:11 UTC

myfaces and xhtml.. again

Hi folks

I know it is sticky but All my searches in google and in the list do
not lead me to the final answer.. why myfaces (nor core or tomhawk)
generate XHTML transitional valid markup.

Fact 1 errors are at the very low level (unclosed input tags etc)

Fact 2 tags are not generated in the tag classes so I suppose the
renderkit is to blame.

Am ' I missing something?

BTW having XHTML valid pages is becoming very important to the customers.

--
::SammyRulez::
http://www.kyub.com/blog/

Re: myfaces and xhtml.. again

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Well, in this case it'd help us if you could file a jira issue with the
corresponding components that generates invalid xhtml.

Re: myfaces and xhtml.. again

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
::SammyRulez:: schrieb:
> Hi folks
>
> I know it is sticky but All my searches in google and in the list do
> not lead me to the final answer.. why myfaces (nor core or tomhawk)
> generate XHTML transitional valid markup.
>
> Fact 1 errors are at the very low level (unclosed input tags etc)
>
> Fact 2 tags are not generated in the tag classes so I suppose the
> renderkit is to blame.
>
> Am ' I missing something?
>
> BTW having XHTML valid pages is becoming very important to the customers.

This is definitely a bug problem...
if you run into those components report them...
The sandbox can have not valid components (although those are bugs as well)
but Tomahawk and the core definitely should generate valid xhtml!