Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2001/07/28 01:48:53 UTC

DASL and versioning

> hi remy,
>    the dasl specification does not talk about which version of the
resources
> should be searched for.
>    Should it default to the latest revision of the resource.

Good question.
Since DASL is being revived, I believe that's one of the things the revised
spec will try to answer. In the meantime, it seems reasonable to search the
latest revision.

Remy

RE: DASL and versioning

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.
Quoting Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>:

> hi remy,
>    In my implementation of the indexstore interface i need to be able
> access the revision  descriptor
>    store in order to obtain the latest version of the resource.In order
> access the store of a particular resource i need a reference to the Uri
> class which has the getStore() method defined in it.How can i get a
> reference to the Uri object in the index store implementation or is
> there an
> other way to implement this.The problem i am having is that the
> ObjectNode
> class does not have a method to access its Uri object.

I'm not sure I understand.

The index store methods (org.apache.slide.store.IndexStore) have uri objects as
a parameter, and should generally act dumb (like, index what it is asked to
index, and don't try to index anything else, and drop something from the index
when it's asked to).

If you believe it's needed you can access the namespace and then retrieve other
Uris / access other stores using the uri object you get as a parameter.

I'll start hooking the store and the search helper with the rest of the core
soon.

Remy

RE: DASL and versioning

Posted by Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
hi remy,
   In my implementation of the indexstore interface i need to be able to
access the revision  descriptor
   store in order to obtain the latest version of the resource.In order to
access the store of a particular resource i need a reference to the Uri
class which has the getStore() method defined in it.How can i get a
reference to the Uri object in the index store implementation or is there an
other way to implement this.The problem i am having is that the ObjectNode
class does not have a method to access its Uri object.
    thanks,
    rajkumar