Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Short <be...@nexusalpha.com> on 2006/05/10 19:03:57 UTC

[m2] Using with Idea 5.1.1

Hi,

I want to use Maven 2 with Idea 5.1.1, does anyone know of a plugin for idea
to enable maven 2 functionality?

Ben

Re: [m2] Using with Idea 5.1.1

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
There is already written a "maven plugin in IDEA" for maven 1 at mevenide.
People are voting to have the JetBrains team do a decent integration of
maven 2 in IDEA 6, there is an issue at intellij.net somewhere.

Ben Short wrote:
> Trygve,
>
> Yes I have seen this plugin. It's fine for creating the original project,
> but I want to run maven tasks from idea, like double clicking on an ant
> task. It’s a bit of a pain that you have to switch to a console to run the
> maven goals. I have used the ant exec task to run them and that’s works ok.
> But I wanted better integration with idea.
>
> I am in the process of writing an Idea plugin that creates a maven 2 enabled
> modules, adds dependencies and has a maven 2 tool window. Its pretty embolic
> at the moment though.
>
> Ben

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: [m2] Using with Idea 5.1.1

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.
Ben Short wrote:
> Trygve,
>
> Yes I have looked at the Eclipse and it has given me some ideas.
>
> I can email you the plugin as it is to see what you think about the
> direction its going?

Please do and I'll take a look.

Brett just reminded me of the Mevenide project[1] which would be the
natural place to put this code.

Arik: What is the current status of the Maven 2 IDEA plugin?

[1]: http://mevenide.codehaus.org

--
Trygve

RE: [m2] Using with Idea 5.1.1

> Yes I have seen this plugin. It's fine for creating the original project,
> but I want to run maven tasks from idea, like double clicking on an ant
> task. It’s a bit of a pain that you have to switch to a console to run the
> maven goals. I have used the ant exec task to run them and that’s works
ok.
> But I wanted better integration with idea.

Oh, seems like I missunderstood what you where after. I've created a
couple of external tools myself that does the trick, but I see what
you're after.

> I am in the process of writing an Idea plugin that creates a maven 2
enabled
> modules, adds dependencies and has a maven 2 tool window. Its pretty
embolic
> at the moment though.

I would love such a plugin, and I'm pretty sure that there are others
who also would like something like this. It might be smart to take a
look at the Maven 2 Eclipse plugin[1] as a starting point, at least to
see how the Maven integration itself is working.

If you would like to open source your plugin I'm sure we can put it in
the Mojo sandbox for now just to get started.

[1]: http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

--
Trygve

Re: [m2] Using with Idea 5.1.1