Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bradford Holcombe <bh...@3veni.com> on 2002/12/12 23:04:12 UTC

JSP compile problem with embedded Tomcat, part 2

I haven't gotten any help on my initial question, but I have found more info. In
the class JspCompilationContext, the constructor munges the incoming URI to
enforce a trailing '/':

         this.baseURI = jspUri.substring(0, jspUri.lastIndexOf('/') + 1);
         // hack fix for resolveRelativeURI
         if (baseURI == null) {
             baseURI = "/";
         } else if (baseURI.charAt(0) != '/') {
             // strip the basde slash since it will be combined with the
             // uriBase to generate a file
             baseURI = "/" + baseURI;
         }
         if (baseURI.charAt(baseURI.length() - 1) != '/') {
             baseURI += '/';
         }

There is similar code in other places in the class, so I am not sure which one
is specifically responsible for my problem yet. Unfortunately, when running from
Windows, this screws any paths that are entered in source code, by placing an
extra '/' at the end of the compile path. Any idea how I can get around this?
Shouldn't the code be using the path.separator property?

--
Bradford Holcombe
c/o Triveni Digital