Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jozef Hribik <jo...@apsoft.sk> on 2004/06/29 13:43:57 UTC

JSP 2.0 + JSTL 1.1 or Velocity?

One year ago when i started my first Struts-based project i was very
frustrated with Struts Tag libraries. I have decided to use Velocity.
Our HTML designer have learned 5 Velocity keywords very quickly too
(if-else-end-foreach-parse).

Now we start new project. There are some pressures to abandon Velocity
and use JSP. I do not want to use the Struts html-el tags because
designers are not able to grasp it (too many attributes, etc.) I have
looked at JSTL core and fmt libraries. I think the designers could
grasp these libs in combination with plain HTML. It should be simple
like in previous project with Velocity.

My question is:
Is Struts 1.1 + Tomcat 5 + JSP 2.0 + JSTL 1.1 a good combination?
Or should we use Struts 1.1 + Tomcat 4 + JSP
1.2 + JSTL 1.0? Are there any troubles using JSTL with Struts?

Thanks
Jozef Hribik