Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Raymond Wiker <rw...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/08 08:56:50 UTC

Re: Document generation from database and partially from other source for the same item

Assuming that you're doing this in a Windows environment, you could define
your spreadsheet as an ODBC data source and define a datasource for it in
DIH. Then, you would extract the main documents from your database, and the
keywords from the ODBC datasource layered on top of your spreadsheet.

No idea if this will actually work - for one thing, it may require a
specific driver for DIH.

On the other hand, putting the keywords in a spreadsheet does not seem like
a good idea to me: if you want database-like functionality, then use a
database.