Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vitaly Karasik <Vi...@Kayote.com> on 2006/09/27 13:25:32 UTC

Q: is it possible to supply password for svn+ssh via command-line arguments?

My colleague want to use svn+ssh access from his script, but doesn't
like public/private keys authentication.
Is there a way to pass ssh password via "svn" command line?

Thanks,
Vitaly

Re: Q: is it possible to supply password for svn+ssh via command-line arguments?

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.
On 9/27/2006 9:25 AM, Vitaly Karasik wrote:
> My colleague want to use svn+ssh access from his script, but doesn't
> like public/private keys authentication.
> Is there a way to pass ssh password via "svn" command line?

If your ssh takes a password on the command line, then you could include
it in the SVN_SSH environment variable.  I don't think OpenSSH allows
that, but plink does.

However, key pair authentication is a lot more secure than hardcoding
passwords into scripts or aliases.

Duncan Murdoch

Re: Re: Q: is it possible to supply password for svn+ssh via command-line arguments?

Posted by Mark <ma...@mitsein.net>.
If that is the case, then your friend needs to re-evaluate his
aversion to publickeys with ssh.  It is really nice when you have it
set up.  Check out http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/keychain-guide.xml for
talk about using publickeys with ssh and a nice utility, keychain,
that helps you manage them.

Posted by Vitaly Karasik <Vi...@Kayote.com>.

Posted by Mark <ma...@mitsein.net>.

Posted by "Reedick, Andrew" <An...@BellSouth.com>.