Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2002/10/14 17:29:40 UTC

Rename Anonymous directives?

Since we break the config anyway, does it make sense to take the chance
and rename the ugly directives of old mod_auth_anon to more "normalized"
ones?

The attached patch shows, what I mean exactly.

nd
--
my @japh = (sub{q~Just~},sub{q~Another~},sub{q~Perl~},sub{q~Hacker~});
my $japh = q[sub japh { }]; print join       #########################

Re: Rename Anonymous directives?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Granted, the underscores always bugged me.  But seeking to change
> the config further introduces even more support headaches if we
> incorporate these changes into Apache 2.0.

hmm, yes, probably true. I'll keep this change in mind (and in my
"pending" directory...)

> AuthAnonRequireEmail [on|off|verify]

Ack, too ;-)

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://www.perlig.de  #

Re: Rename Anonymous directives?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Granted, the underscores always bugged me.  But seeking to change
> the config further introduces even more support headaches if we
> incorporate these changes into Apache 2.0.

Yes.  I prefer not to use this as an opportunity to break everything.
Break what needs to be broken to make things work better, and leave the
esthetic stuff for 2.1 or 3.0.  This is the same reason I prefer to go
back to mod_access.

Joshua.

Re: Rename Anonymous directives?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>.
Granted, the underscores always bugged me.  But seeking to change
the config further introduces even more support headaches if we
incorporate these changes into Apache 2.0.

-    AP_INIT_FLAG("Anonymous_MustGiveEmail", ap_set_flag_slot,
+    AP_INIT_FLAG("AuthAnonEmail", ap_set_flag_slot,

You missed the 'required' sentiment in that directive.

Does AuthAnonRequireEmail

make a whole lot more sense?

For that matter, it seems like we could skip two directives, folding
them into

AuthAnonRequireEmail [on|off|verify]

and drop the other directive altogether.  This makes it harder to mess
up the combinations.

Bill