Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Daniel Krieg <dk...@kc.rr.com> on 2002/11/17 01:28:31 UTC

Block dependencies

Please Help...

I have the following .xifno

<blockinfo>

  <!-- section to describe block -->
  <block>
    <version>1.0</version>
  </block>

  <!-- services that are offered by this block -->
  <services>
    <service name="mil.tveds.mvc.interfaces.ControllerManager"/>
  </services>

  <!-- interfaces that may be exported to manange this block -->
  <management-access-points>
  </management-access-points>

  <!-- services that are required by this block -->
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <service name="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.rmification.RMIfication"/>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</blockinfo>

and assembly.xml is

<assembly>
    <block class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.rmification.DefaultRMIfication" name="rmification"/>

    <block class="mil.tveds.mvc.components.DefaultControllerManager" name="controller-manager">
        <provide name="rmification" role="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.rmification.RMIfication"/>
    </block>

    <block class="mil.tveds.mvc.components.DefaultTvedsMvcServerImpl" name="tveds-mvc-server">
        <provide name="rmification" role="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.rmification.RMIfication"/>
        <provide name="controller-manager" role="mil.tveds.mvc.interfaces.ControllerManager"/>
    </block>
</assembly>

and I am getting the following error...

Dependency for role "org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.rmification.RMIfication" not specified
for the Block named "controller-manager"

Can someone assist me locating my error??

Re: Block dependencies

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 11:28, Daniel Krieg wrote:
> Dependency for role
> "org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.rmification.RMIfication" not
> specified for the Block named "controller-manager"
>
> Can someone assist me locating my error??

I can't reproduce the error you are reporting. What version of Phoenix is
this?

It may be useful to nip into

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.assembler.Assembler

and add a few debug statements in buildDependencyMetaDatas() to make sure that
everything is being built like you think it is being built.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

RE: Block dependencies

Posted by "Gerald E. Bennett" <mr...@austin.rr.com>.
 am attempting to use phoenix to create a test framework. Phoenix will
be used to allow Remote Method Invocation of Test Cases.
Now when I run my program locally it loads a jar file and then gets a
handle to the class and finally specific methods in the class and then
executes these methods.

When I run remotely using phoenix app that I have build I am having some
problems loading specific sub classes that the Test Class extends. I
know they are available but somehow my class loader can not find them.

In phoenix are their some special tricks to get access to certain
classes that are part of the .sar application itself?

The app's class loader loads a jar file and then needs to get to a test
class which extends a class that is available in the sar itself.

I am not sure if there a specific class loader service that phoenix uses
and that I can use, as stand alone and as part of a phoenix-app ?

Thanks

PS The JarClassLoader implementation that I am using is similar to that
created by by John D. Mitchell
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip70.html