Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jayendra Patil <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/16 23:37:09 UTC

basic authentication for schema.url

We intend to use schema.url for indexing documents. However, the remote urls
are secured and would need basic authentication to be able access the
document.

The implementation with stream.file would mean to download the files and
would cause duplicity, whereas stream.body would have indexing performance
issues with the hugh data being transferred over the network.

The current implementation for stream.url in ContentStreamBase.URLStream
does not support authentication.
But can be easily supported by :-
1. Passing additional authentication parameter e.g. stream.url.auth with the
encoded authentication value - SolrRequestParsers
2. Setting Authorization request property for the Connection -
ContentStreamBase.URLStream
    this.conn.setRequestProperty("Authorization", "Basic " +
encodedauthentication);

Any suggestions ???

Regards,
Jayendra