Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Kay Ousterhout <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/02 21:23:09 UTC

keeping PR titles / descriptions up to date

Hi all,

I've noticed a bunch of times lately where a pull request changes to be
pretty different from the original pull request, and the title /
description never get updated.  Because the pull request title and
description are used as the commit message, the incorrect description lives
on forever, making it harder to understand the reason behind a particular
commit without going back and reading the entire conversation on the pull
request.  If folks could try to keep these up to date (and committers, try
to remember to verify that the title and description are correct before
making merging pull requests), that would be awesome.

-Kay

Re: keeping PR titles / descriptions up to date

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.
I realize we're not voting, but +1 to this proposal since commit messages
can't be changed whereas JIRA issues can always be updated after the fact.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@gmail.com>.
I second that !