Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adolfo Miguelez <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/02 12:25:44 UTC

comparing String with an AppResources value

Hi All,

we have an use case that we are not able to manage. We intend to compare a
parameter with a value obtained from the ApplicationResources file, i.e.:

<logic:match name="string_to_compare"
value="value_obtained_from_properties">....</logic:match>

* It would be easy to do by using:

<logic:match name="string_to_compare" value="<bean:message
key="key_for_intended_resource" />"/>
</logic:match>

but as for custom tag limitations, we can not actually embed two custom
tags.

* On the other hand we could compare with a runtime expression as:

<logic:match name="string_to_compare" value="<%=value%>"/>
</logic:match>

but <bean:message> does not allow to define a page scoped bean as
<bean:define> does.

Does anyone figures out how to solve such an issue?

We handle Struts 1.0.2.

Thanks in advance,

Adolfo.