Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Isuru Samaraweera <is...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/21 18:19:25 UTC

Deploy a CMP2.x Entity Bean on Geronimo1.1

Hi All,
    I am trying to deploy a CMP bean on geronimo1.1 from the  command line deploy tool.I am gettting the following error message saying that it cant resolve the dependancy to mysql database pool.

Error: Unable to distribute gerentity.jar: Unable to create
configuration for deployment
      load of default/StoreEJB/1.0/car failed
      Error starting configuration gbean default/StoreEJB/1.0/car
      Unable to resolve dependency console.pool/MySql/1.0/rar

  Part of the openejb-jar.xml is given below.

  <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">
  <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>StoreEJB</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
      <dep:type>car</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>
     <dep:dependencies>
       <dep:dependency>
      <dep:groupId>console.pool</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>MySql</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
   <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
     </dep:dependency>
                 </dep:dependencies>

    <dep:hidden-classes/>
    <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
  </dep:environment>

  <cmp-connection-factory>
      <resource-link>MySql</resource-link>
    </cmp-connection-factory>

  <enterprise-beans>

  etc.......

  Here <dep:groupid>,<dep:artifactId>,<dep:version>,<dep:type> under <dep:dependancy> are put according to the corresponding elements in the mysql-plan.xml.

  I appreciate if anybody can support to find the error here.

  Thank You,
  Regards,
  Isuru

---------------------------------

Re: Deploy a CMP2.x Entity Bean on Geronimo1.1

Posted by la...@opensource.lk.
Hi Isuru,

Are you deploying EJBs as an EAR? Then you shoud have included the XML
plan of database pool in your EAR with tranql-connector-xx.jar and leave
the dependencies in the openejb-jar.xml empty and see. I think Geronimo
classloading will handle the dependencies there.
If you are deploying EJBs just as a jar file, then you have to create a
MySQL database pool in the Geronimo before the deployment.

Does anybody suggest a documet regarding Geronimo classloading?

Regards,
Lasantha Ranaweera
Senior Software Engineer,
Lanka Software Foundation,
Sri Lanka.

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Isuru

I hope that you have used the upgrade tool (upgrade.jar)to generate
the descriptor for geronimo v1.1.I tried with a simple ejb and found
that it's needed to be commented  <dep:version> and <dep:type> under
<moduleId> too.Do you have any idea of meanings these tags exactly?(I
mean the when you migrating from G-v1.0 to G V1.1 and why the upgarde
tool supports to generate these tags? )

Really appreciate if some body can move in to the loop share your thoughts?

Regards
Kanchana

Posted by Isuru Samaraweera <is...@yahoo.com>.
CMP bean was successfully deployed after I commented the following elements under
  <dep:dependancy> related to MySql  pool in openejb-jar.xml.

  <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
  <dep:type>rar</dep:type>

  Any reason for this???

  New openejb-jar.xml file is given below.