Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/13 02:59:27 UTC

Re: using ij in an ant task to create a database and nothing else

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Kathey
Marsden<km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Someone asked me today how to create a database with ij in an ant task by
> just using ij.database if they don't have any script to execute.  He had
> implemented the following workaround to create a temporary file with just
> "quit;" in it.

What about using Ant's sql task? I checked and this created the
database without needing to touch any files:

<sql driver="org.apache.derby."
    url="jdbc:derby:mydb;create=true"
    userid=""
    password="">
set schema app;
</sql>

It requires that you have *some* sql in there, so a set schema works nicely.

andrew