Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Karl Stoney <Ka...@autotrader.co.uk.INVALID> on 2021/03/18 19:35:20 UTC

Solr config and schema linting and validation

Hi all,
I'm trying to add some tests to the pipeline which deploys our solr config, and right now i'm working with bash/xmlint/xmlstarlet, and it's a bit crude.

Does anyone have any tips/pointers on how best to validate solrconfig.xml and schema.xml.  Is there published schemas for specific solr versions we can validate against?  etc etc.

Thanks
Karl
Unless expressly stated otherwise in this email, this e-mail is sent on behalf of Auto Trader Limited Registered Office: 1 Tony Wilson Place, Manchester, Lancashire, M15 4FN (Registered in England No. 03909628). Auto Trader Limited is part of the Auto Trader Group Plc group. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged, and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: Solr config and schema linting and validation

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
I am not aware of any, and I looked. In fact I have two pages of notes
of what a service like that would look like if I chose to create one.
My main thought was that solrconfig and schema are effectively a graph
database and that can be used for validation both against rules and
for unused/wrong references.

So, I would be very interested in any tips/pointers as well, or even
in "ideas" around that. Some of my own are at:
https://github.com/arafalov/SolrLint

Regards,
   Alex.