Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by roy huang <li...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/16 11:13:32 UTC

SQLTransformer enhancement

In SQLTransformer.java
    public SQLTransformer() {
        // FIXME (CZ) We have to get the correct encoding from
        // somewhere else (XML Serializer?)
        this.format = new Properties();
        this.format.put(OutputKeys.METHOD, "text");
        this.format.put(OutputKeys.ENCODING, "ISO-8859-1");
        this.format.put(OutputKeys.OMIT_XML_DECLARATION, "yes");
        this.namespaceURI = NAMESPACE;
    }
Just like FIXME said,ISO-8859-1 should lead problems.If I use any utf-8 character in sql,the SQL Trasformer will produce an error.
Suggestion :
move this.format to setup,and get encoding from a parameter.

Roy Huang

RE: SQLTransformer enhancement

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Good idea. I just committed the changes. You can now set the
encoding in the component configuration and as a sitemap parameter.

Thanks
Carsten