Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/12/08 17:50:00 UTC

patch 20 death

All fingers point to patch
  http://hyperreal.com/httpd/patches/for_Apache_0.8.14/20_score.0.8.14.patch

I haven't seen anyone report the problem continuing after this patch
was reveresed.

It's got to go, and soon.

So according to our vote guidelines, I'll make an emergency vote call now.

from http://hyperreal.com/httpd/voting.html

do so immediately if notified about a severe problem. Any group
member may veto an emergency in order to force it through the
normal procedures.

Patches created to solve an emergency problem may be linked
directly from the Apache home page as soon as the patch has
been created and tested by its author. However, this link must be
removed or changed if the original patch is vetoed.

The availability of an emergency patch may be announced to
the public after 24hours or three +1 votes are given for the
patch, whichever comes first.

I'm calling an emergency vote (24hr deadline) on a patch to reverse
"20_score.0.8.14.patch" and change the Apache version number to say
1.0.1 or 1.0.p1

(I haven't been listening to the discussion on version naming, so if
something else was decided, do it, and don't flame me).

Here's my +1 on this call for votes.

Rob T, can you do a new build tomorrow morning assuming there are no vetos?

rob