Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by savalemilind <mi...@persistent.co.in> on 2014/01/21 10:27:28 UTC

How to start the zookeeper on window7

Hi,

I new guy in kafka family.

I am trying to start the zookeeper server but i m getting following error.

D:\kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0\bin\windows>zookeeper-server-start.bat
d:\kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0\config\zookeeper.properties
D:\kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0\bin\windows\..
org/apache/zookeeper/server/quorum/QuorumPeerMain
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain
Could not find the main class:
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.  Program will exit.

D:\kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0\bin\windows>

Please helpme.

RE: How to start the zookeeper on window7

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi savale,

Please check whether you have zookeeper jar in the classpath.

Also, I could see "zookeeper-server-start.bat" is kafka command and I feel the right place to discuss this is in the kafka community

users@kafka.apache.org, dev@kafka.apache.org

-Rakesh

I am trying to start the zookeeper server but i m getting following error.

D:\kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0\bin\windows>zookeeper-server-start.bat
d:\kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0\config\zookeeper.properties
D:\kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0\bin\windows\..
org/apache/zookeeper/server/quorum/QuorumPeerMain
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) Could not find the main class: