Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hoying, Ken" <Ke...@PremierInc.com> on 2007/08/06 16:13:02 UTC

[S2] Help with Templates

I love the idea of being able to create JSP templates and reference them
with the Component tag.  However, I am not sure that I am implementing
them correctly.

If I have another Struts tag in my template, such as <s:a>, then I get
errors saying that it cannot find the template in my theme and template
directory.  As a result, I am forced to specify the theme and
templateDir for each Struts tag that I use in my template.  Is that the
correct way to implement this or am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance,

RE: [S2] Help with Templates

Posted by "Hoying, Ken" <Ke...@PremierInc.com>.
I have created new JSP template file and placed it in a directory of wbe
root where the directory format template/theme.   This new JSP templat
file contains other Struts2 tags, including s:a.  However if I do not
specifically set the theme and templateDir attributes to that of the
Struts2 tag location, then I get an error stating that Struts2 cannot
locate the s:a tag in my template/theme location.

Thanks,
Ken

Can you give more details on what you are doing? I'm using the
"component" tag without problems (I only specify the templateDir and
theme attributes in the component tag).

regards
musachy

On 8/6/07, Hoying, Ken <Ke...@premierinc.com> wrote:
> I love the idea of being able to create JSP templates and reference
> them with the Component tag.  However, I am not sure that I am
> implementing them correctly.
>
> If I have another Struts tag in my template, such as <s:a>, then I get

> errors saying that it cannot find the template in my theme and
> template directory.  As a result, I am forced to specify the theme and

> templateDir for each Struts tag that I use in my template.  Is that
> the correct way to implement this or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks in Advance,

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
received this communication in error, please notify the Sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.

Re: [S2] Help with Templates

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.