Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Vinay Konanki <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/28 01:30:31 UTC

[POI] Error Message while Opening Excel file

Hi All,

Currently i'm using

poi-3.0-rc1-20070311.jar
jdk 1.5
jboss 3.2

I'm able to export the list into the excel sheet (MS 2003) successfully ,
but when ever i open the excel sheet, im getting these pop up messages

"Too many different cell formats." (message 1)

"Excel encountered an error and had to remove some formatting to avoid
corrupting the workbook. Please re-check your formatting carefully."
(message 2)

"Some text formatting may have changed in this file because the maximum
number of fonts was exceeded. It may help to close other documents and try
again." (message 3)

I don't know why these messages are coming. If you want i can append my java
code.

My excel sheet mainly consists of following information
Product Code, Product Name, Qty, Price.

Is this any thing with the poi release ?

Please help me, i need to fix this issue before my project goes to release.
Any kind of help will be appreciate.

Thanks,
Vinay

Re: [POI] Error Message while Opening Excel file

Posted by Vinay Konanki <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your information.

-Vinay