Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de> on 2003/02/24 21:27:34 UTC

ScriptablePointer does not compile

Hello,

If I try to build cocoon doing a "./build.sh clean  webapp" on a fresh update
of HEAD,I get a

[...]
Compiling 578 source files to /home/holz/xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon-2.1-dev/classes

/home/holz/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/ScriptablePointer.java:55: reference to DynamicPointer is ambiguous, both class org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.beans.DynamicPointer in org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.beans and class org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dynamic.DynamicPointer in org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dynamic match
public class ScriptablePointer extends DynamicPointer {
                                       ^
One  more example why import * is evil :-(.

Martin

--
Martin Holz     <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>

Softwareentwicklung / Vernetztes Studium - Chemie
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin

Re: ScriptablePointer does not compile

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net> writes:
> You have an old version of JXPath in your classpath. Search for and
> remove "commons-jxpath-1.0.jar". This has been superceded by
> "commons-jxpath-1.1b1.jar".

Your are right. Thank you very much.

Martin

Re: ScriptablePointer does not compile

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
Hi Martin,

You have an old version of JXPath in your classpath. Search for and
remove "commons-jxpath-1.0.jar". This has been superceded by
"commons-jxpath-1.1b1.jar".

Note that in this case the compile-time error caused by import .* is
actually beneficial. If not for that you would get a runtime error when
the wrong version of jxpath is loaded in the JVM.

Nevertheless, I think an [RT] on classpath hell is called for ;).

Regards,

Chris