Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by David Durham <dd...@vailsys.com> on 2006/05/24 20:10:17 UTC

JMeter JDBC benchmark + Remote Testing

I've setup a jmeter JDBC transaction benchmark, and I'd like to spread
the work across multiple JMeter hosts.  It's a simple test that works on
one machine (without remoting), but I'm running into problems when I try
to execute "Remote Starts".

So, machine 1:  Windows XP - I start the jmeter-server.  That's fine.

Then I go to GUI, and execute Remote Start 127.0.0.1.  Nothing happens.

Stack trace from server console follows:

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.config.DataSourceElement.testStarted(
DataSourceElement.java:91)
         at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.config.DataSourceElement.testStarted(
DataSourceElement.java:109)
         at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine.notifyTestListenersOfSt
art(StandardJMeterEngine.java:201)
         at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine.run(StandardJMeterEngin
e.java:315)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone using JMeter and remoting with JDBC samplers?  I'm not sure
what's going on.  Maybe the server doesn't have the JDBC drivers loaded.
  Again, the test runs fine without remoting.

Thanks,

-Dave

Re: JMeter JDBC benchmark + Remote Testing

Posted by David Durham <dd...@vailsys.com>.
sebb wrote:
> There was a problem with using JDBC over Remote connections.
>
> You could try the nightly build.
>
> Otherwise, just run non-GUI on the (remote) nodes, and combine the test
> results.

I'll just combine the results.  Thanks.

Re: JMeter JDBC benchmark + Remote Testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/05/06, David Durham <dd...@vailsys.com> wrote:
> I've setup a jmeter JDBC transaction benchmark, and I'd like to spread
> the work across multiple JMeter hosts.  It's a simple test that works on
> one machine (without remoting), but I'm running into problems when I try
> to execute "Remote Starts".
>
> So, machine 1:  Windows XP - I start the jmeter-server.  That's fine.
>
> Then I go to GUI, and execute Remote Start 127.0.0.1.  Nothing happens.

Is the remote server on the same machine?

If so, why bother using remote mode?

If not, make sure the remote host details are entered in jmeter.properties.

> Stack trace from server console follows:
>
> Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.config.DataSourceElement.testStarted(
> DataSourceElement.java:91)
>         at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.config.DataSourceElement.testStarted(
> DataSourceElement.java:109)
>         at
> org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine.notifyTestListenersOfSt
> art(StandardJMeterEngine.java:201)
>         at
> org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine.run(StandardJMeterEngin
> e.java:315)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Anyone using JMeter and remoting with JDBC samplers?  I'm not sure
> what's going on.  Maybe the server doesn't have the JDBC drivers loaded.
>  Again, the test runs fine without remoting.

There was a problem with using JDBC over Remote connections.

You could try the nightly build.

Otherwise, just run non-GUI on the (remote) nodes, and combine the test results.

S.