Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Tridev Kodamasingh <Tr...@cramer.com> on 2003/06/04 10:19:42 UTC

struts Validator

Hi,

I am using  Dynabeans  for validation while using struts validator.
but most of the cases, I am least concerned about the validation results
(it's my requirement..).

As per my understanding , the validator finds out the matched entries
defined in "validation.xml" file and does the validation for specific rule.
Whereas , if no rules are defined, it just ignores them ...

Am I right in my understanding ?

If that is the case, is there anyway, to know beforehand,  for which entries
, rules are defined , so that I can only pass the dynabeans  for whose
validation entries are defined in  Validation.xml ?

For example,

	<form name="/name0">
		<field property="name0" depends="minlength"
bundle="alternate">
		<arg0   key="name0" resource="false"/>
		<arg1   key="${var:minlength}" name="minlength"
resource="false"/>
		<var>
			<var-name>minlength</var-name>
			<var-value>11</var-value>
		 </var>
		</field>
	</form>

For  the above entries, in the Validation.xml,  can I know, whether an entry
for form "/name0" is present in the  validation.xml or not just before
calling the Struts validator ??

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you .

Tridev