Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Sutanu Das <sd...@att.com> on 2015/07/22 21:47:36 UTC

Flume 1.6 Install question

Hello,

How do I install Flume 1.6 for git clone?

I already did this:

git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flume.git flume

Question:

Do I have to compile the code now with Maven before I can use Flume?

Please help advise - thanks

Re: Flume 1.6 Install question

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Looks like you are missing Hadoop on the classpath. To write to HDFS you
need HDFS client lib (and its dependencies) in the classpath

Thanks,
Hari

Posted by Sutanu Das <sd...@att.com>.
Johny/Community,

[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$CompressionType

Posted by Johny Rufus <jr...@cloudera.com>.