Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Svein Erik Reknes Løvland <sv...@stud.ntnu.no> on 2008/05/20 14:09:52 UTC

I want to convert a test.

Hi,

I want to convert a test from the old harness to JUnit. Any suggestions
on which test I might work on?

Regards
Svein Erik

Re: I want to convert a test.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
And, any network server tests (listed in
..java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/suites/derbynetmats.runall).
Converting network server tests to junit, using the methods in the
junit framework to set port numbers, would allow us to work toward a
time when we can start junit suites with a different default
portnumber & thus run multiple networkserver tests on one machine.

Myrna

Re: I want to convert a test.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 5/20/08, Thomas Nielsen <Th...@sun.com> wrote:
> +1 to Knuts suggestion to get predicatePushdown.sql converted to junit :)
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas
>

> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> > Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM> writes:

> > > You can also take a look at
> > >
> > > This is a bigger one than 2514, I guess if you want to look at a
> > > simple one first 2514 is better.
> > >

> > Hi Svein Erik,
> >
> > Thanks for volunteering to do this! If you feel that you need more
> > things to do, I'm sure everyone would be happy to see
> > lang/predicatePushdown.sql converted to JUnit. I don't think that the
> > conversion should be too difficult, but it's a fairly large SQL script
> > so it may take some time. This test causes some noise in the nightly
> > regression tests (DERBY-1720, DERBY-1902) because it sometimes prints
> > different runtime statistics and therefore fails, even though the
> > differences are not relevant to what is tested. In JUnit, it would be
> > easier to check only the relevant parts of the statistics, and we could
> > hopefully reduce the noise from that test.
> >

> --
> Thomas Nielsen

lang/subquery.sql is another one that fails (in)frequently, apparently
sometimes the optimizer picks a different path...The automated
signature matching often attributes these failures to DERBY-1902 also.

Myrna

Re: I want to convert a test.

Posted by Thomas Nielsen <Th...@Sun.COM>.

Re: I want to convert a test.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.

Re: I want to convert a test.

Posted by Svein Erik Reknes Løvland <sv...@stud.ntnu.no>.
Narayanan skrev:
> Svein Erik Reknes Løvland wrote:
>> Narayanan skrev:

>>> You can also take a look at
>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1903
>>>
>>> This is a bigger one than 2514, I guess if you want to look at a
>>> simple one first 2514 is better.
>>>
>>> Narayanan
>>>
>> Thanks, I'll have a look at 2414 first :-)
> 2514 you mean?

yes

Re: I want to convert a test.

Posted by Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM>.