Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by "acc@mitechnologies.net" <ac...@mitechnologies.net> on 2012/07/04 15:52:12 UTC

briefing note use case to be implemented using Stanbol

Hi Everybody,

I plan to work in the coming months on the following use case using Stanbol.

    Briefing notes routing

On a regular basis, I gather potentially valuable information in a
professional environment that can have a collective interest for a group
of individuals (here a professional association). So, each time I get
some valuable information for the group, I just need to send a briefing
note (short notes easy and fast to write used in economic intelligence)
to a mailing service or if I have more time to spend to a web interface
that allows me to add manually some semantic meta-data to my briefing
note. All other members of this group are supposed to do the same.

This service should allow peoples, from the group of individuals, to
indicate that they are interested in some categories of information,
using semantic properties for this. Then when a piece of information
classified in one of those categories is added on the site, subscribers
get a notification.

    Briefing notes linked data base for querying

Regularly, new briefing notes will be added. As each one will be
semantically annotated, we would expect at some moment to have a big
linked database that could be used to find briefing notes using the
annotations they are related to. I will then be able to query this
database to interpret trends around 'hot' subjects of interest for
myself and/or some other members of the group.

Do you have any comments on this use case?

Regards,

Anil CASSAM CHENAI