Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Pa...@lotus.com on 2000/06/15 18:58:36 UTC

Re: Xalan C++, problem with ancestor-or-self and ancestor ? (following)

Pascal,

Am i wrong ?
Yes and No.  Depends what the question is?  The answer to your original
question - How can i get the full location path of an element. - Implying
that name() should return the whole path. Yes you are wrong.  name() will
just return the name of the current context node,  not it's whole ancestry.

The quotes from the spec are correct.

Why you are not seeing these results I'm not sure.  There were numerous
problems with _30 of Xalan C,  if you have the capability to get the
sources from CVS you might try downloading and rebuilding.  I reviewed our
test suite and the results produced with the latest versions of the C++
build and the tests for those axes are running fine.  As as a way for you
to check if your version is out of date,  I've included some test for you
to try.  That will give us a hint as to what the problem is.

(See attached file: axes02.xsl)(See attached file: axes01.xsl)(See attached
file: axes02.xml)(See attached file: axes01.xml)
Paul