Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/02/25 00:01:01 UTC

[VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.

This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.

Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.

Here's mine: +1

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 12:01:01AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.

+1

--Jeff

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote, On 25/02/2003 14.08:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Steven Noels wrote, On 25/02/2003 10.28:
>>
>>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>>
>>> As stated before, I'm sponsoring the proposal, so here's my +1.
>>>
>>> OTOH, who or what will trigger/endorse the transition from incubation
>>> to proper subproject? Cocoon PMC or Incubation PMC?
>>

>> Incubation PMC.
>

> OK. Don't get me wrong on this, but what will happen if Incubator PMC
> decides Lenya is ready to move on, but Cocoon PMC isn't ready to
> receive?

If the Cocoon PMC votes +1, it's ready to recieve it.
A positive vote means: we are willing to have it and recieve it.
The Incubator PMC just decides /when/, the Cocoon PMC decides /if/.

> This has to do with true responsability: if I vote +1 on
> incubation as a Cocoon PMC member, I'd like the Cocoon PMC to decide
> when Lenya is ready to move on, and not the Incubator PMC. Of course,
> there will be communication between both, but technically, I find it
> strange to relinquish my rights to vote (and veto) to the Incubator PMC.

You are voting _now_. Cocoon decides if he wants it, Incubator decides
if it's ready to move to Cocoon.

Before the incubator, we would have had _only_ the Cocoon vote. Then the
Cocoon community would have gotten it from the start.
The Incubator is here to ease the burden of integrating in Apache and
contextually to ensure a minimum standard WRT assimilation of the Apache
practices.

> Don't get me wrong: I'm just trying to find loopholes in these new
> incubation procedures, so that we can eventually fix them.

Yup.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote, On 25/02/2003 10.28:
>
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>> As stated before, I'm sponsoring the proposal, so here's my +1.
>>
>> OTOH, who or what will trigger/endorse the transition from incubation
>> to proper subproject? Cocoon PMC or Incubation PMC?
>

> Incubation PMC.

OK. Don't get me wrong on this, but what will happen if Incubator PMC
decides Lenya is ready to move on, but Cocoon PMC isn't ready to
receive? This has to do with true responsability: if I vote +1 on
incubation as a Cocoon PMC member, I'd like the Cocoon PMC to decide
when Lenya is ready to move on, and not the Incubator PMC. Of course,
there will be communication between both, but technically, I find it
strange to relinquish my rights to vote (and veto) to the Incubator PMC.

Don't get me wrong: I'm just trying to find loopholes in these new
incubation procedures, so that we can eventually fix them.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.

+1

Sylvain

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 25.Feb.2003 -- 12:01 AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.

+1

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.

+1

--David

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Michael Melhem <mi...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 12:01:01AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.
>
> Here's mine: +1

+1

Michael

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.
>
> Here's mine: +1

+1

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
>  I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.

+1 from me

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Michael Melhem <mi...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 12:01:01AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.
>
> Here's mine: +1

+1

Michael

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> +1
>
> Giacomo

Giacomo,

thanks for taking the time to edit your email to avoid wasting bandwidth.

I'm a pain, I know. Imagine how I much more I would be if I were the one
paying for the bandwidth :)

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
+1

Giacomo

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
>>> The vote is about wanting the project to become part of Cocoon.
>> Where do you want to see it living? In cocoon apps or cocoon?
> A Cocoon sub-project, having its own CVS module cocoon-lenya or
> something similar. We are a proper toplevel project right now, so the
> cocoon-apps thing might get replaced over the time by per-subproject
> modules.

then here is my +1
--
Torsten

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Steven Noels wrote, On 25/02/2003 10.19:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>>> The vote is about wanting the project to become part of Cocoon.
>>

>> Where do you want to see it living? In cocoon apps or cocoon?
>

> A Cocoon sub-project, having its own CVS module cocoon-lenya or
> something similar. We are a proper toplevel project right now, so the
> cocoon-apps thing might get replaced over the time by per-subproject
> modules.

Yes. AFAI am concerned, cocoon-apps is dead.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

+1

Vadim

RE: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
+1

Carsten

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 24/2/03 23:42, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote, On 25/02/2003 0.18:
>> On 24/2/03 23:01, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
>>> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>>>
>>> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
>>> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
>>> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>>>
>>> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.
>>>
>>> Here's mine: +1
>>

>> So, let me get it straight... It will be located in the incubator, as all
>> projects in incubation stage, but it will be responsibility of the Cocoon
>> PMC?
>
> Nope.
>
> The vote is about wanting the project to become part of Cocoon.
> The incubator does not want to *force* subprojects onto projects, so
> if/when the Cocoon PMC accepts it, we will incubate it and hand it to
> Cocoon when it's ok. Of course, the Cocoon project is invited to be pat
> of the incubation.
>
> If no Apache PMC wants that project as a final destination, we would
> have to evaluate it as a top-level project, which is not the case here,
> or simply as incubating, which can be the case in projects that start in
> Apache and are not well defined enough to apply for inclusion in another
> project.
>
> We don't want to incubate things we don't know where they will go if we
> can. We need a goal. In this case the goal is to make it go to Cocoon,
> so we need a "go ahead" from the Cocoon PMC.

Ah... Gotcha.. Now I understand how the "incubator" works! :-) Thank you for
the kind explaination...

    Pier

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote, On 25/02/2003 0.18:
> On 24/2/03 23:01, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
>>proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>>
>>This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
>>I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
>>vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>>
>>Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.
>>
>>Here's mine: +1
>

> So, let me get it straight... It will be located in the incubator, as all
> projects in incubation stage, but it will be responsibility of the Cocoon
> PMC?

Nope.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote, On 25/02/2003 0.18:
> On 24/2/03 23:01, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
>>proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>>
>>This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
>>I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
>>vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>>
>>Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.
>>
>>Here's mine: +1
>

> So, let me get it straight... It will be located in the incubator, as all
> projects in incubation stage, but it will be responsibility of the Cocoon
> PMC?

Nope.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 24/2/03 23:01, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.
>
> Here's mine: +1

So, let me get it straight... It will be located in the incubator, as all
projects in incubation stage, but it will be responsibility of the Cocoon
PMC? Just out of curiosity, because I'm not following all those new politics
stuff all around the foundation, and I'm not a PMC member over here!!! :-)
:-) :-)

    Pier (I'm FREEE!!!)

RE: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.

+1

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 06:01  PM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'm asking the Cocoon PMC to vote for the inclusion of the below
> proposed project named Lenya (ex wyona.org) as a Cocoon subproject.
>
> This vote will take place on cocoon-dev where the Cocoon PMC lives.
> I'm CCing the incubator list just to notify that we're starting this
> vote. When finished, I'll post there the results.
>
> Cocoon PMC members, please state your votes.

+1

Diana

Re: [VOTE:PMC] Proposal for Lenya as a Cocoon subproject

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Late but:
+1

-Bertrand