Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Lu <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/01 05:08:44 UTC

Re: Merging database index with fulltext index

Yes. DBSight helps to flatten database objects into Lucene's documents. It's
more like Lucene-On-Rails. Custom crawler is supported via java api to crawl
outside database. DBSight query syntax and Lucene query syntax are both
supported, in addition to customizable analyzer, similarity, ranking, etc.

I think you better try it first. It's faster to install it, select the
content with your sql, and get the search up and running, than reading
introduction materials.

--
Chris Lu

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I think the message is don't even try unless you're explored the
alternatives and found them inadequate.

Best
Erick

Posted by sp...@gmx.eu.