Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by serkan <em...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/28 13:20:39 UTC

servicemix-cxf-bc threadpool size

Hi all,

I need to increase the corePoolSize of servicemix-cxf-bc component, since in
my project, I noticed that it was the bottleneck under load. I found the
related jar under data/cache, un-jared and changed the thread pool size
definition, and put it back there. I believe that should not be the
correct/easy way to deal with this. Setting thread pool size for
servicemix-cxf-bc inside etc/org.apache.servicemix.nmr.cfg or
etc/org.apache.servicemix.jbi.cfg did not help,still have the same default
poolsize. I tried as explained here
http://servicemix.apache.org/thread-pools.html

component.[id]
flow.seda.[id],

The [id], is said to be the component-name, What exactly is the "component
name" for any installed bundle? (I tried several package, namespace,
component names)

-  There are jbi components inside data/jbi, compiled classes of jbi
components and configurations.Making any change there also did not make a
difference.

I am using 4.3.0. Thanks for any help.

Re: servicemix-cxf-bc threadpool size

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

That link only works for SMX 3.x, since you're using 4.3.0, if you
want to configure smx-cxf-bc, you should put
a org.apache.servicemix.components.cxfbc.cfg in $SMX_HOME/etc folder
and edit
threadPoolCorePoolSize
threadPoolMaximumPoolSize
threadPoolQueueSize

there, take a look at my blog[1] to get more details

[1]http://freemanfang.blogspot.com/2010/09/why-esb-server-hang-after-runing-for.html
Freeman
On 2012-2-28, at 下午8:20, serkan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to increase the corePoolSize of servicemix-cxf-bc component,
> since in
> my project, I noticed that it was the bottleneck under load. I found
> the
> related jar under data/cache, un-jared and changed the thread pool
> size
> definition, and put it back there. I believe that should not be the
> correct/easy way to deal with this. Setting thread pool size for
> servicemix-cxf-bc inside etc/org.apache.servicemix.nmr.cfg or
> etc/org.apache.servicemix.jbi.cfg did not help,still have the same
> default
> poolsize. I tried as explained here
> http://servicemix.apache.org/thread-pools.html
>
> component.[id]
> flow.seda.[id],
>
> The [id], is said to be the component-name, What exactly is the
> "component
> name" for any installed bundle? (I tried several package, namespace,
> component names)
>
> -  There are jbi components inside data/jbi, compiled classes of jbi
> components and configurations.Making any change there also did not
> make a
> difference.
>

> I am using 4.3.0. Thanks for any help.

Freeman Fang