Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Yu Franklin <fr...@hotmail.com> on 2019/04/12 02:18:29 UTC

Migrating from NetBeans 8.2 to Apache NetBeans 11

Hi everyone,

I would like to know whether Apache NetBeans 11 can totally replace NetBeans 8.2. I have read about a blog saying that Apache NetBeans 9 lacks many modules <https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/what-s-happened-to-my>  so user should try it out (maybe side-by-side with Oracle NetBeans) instead of migrating all NetBeans workflows to Apache NetBeans. Is it still the case right now?

According to the transition state page <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Transition>, the “Review of NetBeans repositories to be donated to Apache” is still “in progress”. This seems to indicate that migration is still not done. Is it the right milestone to track, for this purpose?

Thanks,
Franklin

Re: Migrating from NetBeans 8.2 to Apache NetBeans 11

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Only C/C++ is still missing, all other features are part of Apache NetBeans
11:

https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/announce-apache-netbeans-incubating-11

Gj