Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com> on 2018/10/06 10:19:20 UTC

Re: Utilising EMR's master node

Hi Averell,

It is up to the YARN scheduler on which hosts the containers are started.

What Flink version are you using? I assume you are using 1.4 or earlier
because you are specifying a fixed number of TMs. If you launch Flink with
-yn
2, you should be only seeing 2 TMs in total (not 4). Are you starting two
clusters?

Beginning with Flink 1.5, -yn is obsolete because resources are acquired
dynamically, and it is not well-defined in what order TM slots are exhausted
[1].

Best,
Gary

[1]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/Flink-1-5-job-distribution-over-cluster-nodes-td23364.html

Posted by Averell <lv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that -yn is obsolete :( I am using
Flink 1.6.
Not sure whether that's a bug when I tried to set -yn explicitly, but I
started only 1 cluster.

Thanks and regards,
Averell