Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/08 23:20:48 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Code of Conduct

On 09/22/2012 04:10 AM, Wolf Halton wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM, David McKay <dm...@btconnect.com> wrote:

>>> I too believe these were basically constructed as behavior guidelines, and
>>> not enforceable codes/regulations. Andrea's comments also seem worthwhile.
>>

>> Yes, that's the case. Wolf and I worked on them, as a desired code of
>> behaviour and consideration, we were trying to avoid the 'list of rules' way
>> of doing it. But maybe we need something a little different?
>>
>> Dave.
>>

>>> I think it would be advantageous for the ASF (as a whole) to adopt and
>>> publish expected Codes of Conduct.
>>>
>>> I see from:
>>>
>>> http://community.apache.org/newbiefaq.html#NewbieFAQ-IsthereaCodeofConductforApacheprojects?
>>>
>>> that this seems to be project specific and I wonder why.
>>>
>>> So, some examples...
>>>
>>> General participation, and consequences:
>>> http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/
>>> http://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/
>>>
>>> More specifics for Board Members (toward the bottom):
>>> http://opensource.org/minutes20100505
>>>

> We wrote them as guidelines at least partly because we do not have
> "power to arrest." Presuming we are (generally) all friends here, a
> gentle, nudge should be all that is required.
>
> Wolf

Regarding the actual subject of this old thread.

Should this particular page in question:

http://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html

be renamed as "Code of Conduct" and given more prominence on the project
website? Like perhaps a link under the "Community " area?

It would of course still be linked from the Mailing Lists page.

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                  -- Aesop