Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2002/08/08 11:41:16 UTC

Re: [GUMP] cactus-sample-servlet builds

On 08 Aug 2002, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> if I add the build works on my box.

I should be clearer here, it doesn't really work as a testcase fails,
but at least it runs the tests.

<snip>
     [java] test:
     [java]     [junit] Running org.apache.cactus.unit.TestAll
     [java]     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0,202 sec
     [java]     [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.cactus.unit.TestAll
     [java]     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0,202 sec

     [java]     [junit] Testcase: testLongProcess took 0,177 sec
     [java]     [junit] 	Caused an ERROR
     [java]     [junit] Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]
     [java]     [junit] org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]
</snip>

Stefan

Re: [GUMP] cactus-sample-servlet builds

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> wrote:

> oh. I think I know where it is coming from. It must come from
> commons-httpclient. They were not depending on JSSE before but they
> must have introduced recently

Nope, not according to the Gump descriptor - and it compiles.

> Cactus does not use JSSE and I believe Tomcat neither (at least it
> is not mandatory).

Hmm, both Tomcats depend on it, according to the descriptor.  You
should get the Tomcat people to add runtime="true" to the jsse
dependency and all should be working (as you already depend on
Tomcat's runtime dependencies).

Larry?

Stefan

RE: [GUMP] cactus-sample-servlet builds

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

It is! Actually it is my fault. I have refused your emails because I
thought you had also subscribed as I received them twice in my cactus
inbox folder: once for approval and once just fine. I just realized that
it is my email client rules that has copied the mail addresses to
Alexandria-dev to my cactus folder ... argh! Sorry Stefan. I won't do it
again ... :-)

>      [java]     [junit] Testcase: testLongProcess took 0,294 sec
>      [java]     [junit] 	Caused an ERROR
>      [java]     [junit] javax/net/SocketFactory
>      [java]     [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> javax/net/SocketFactory

oh. I think I know where it is coming from. It must come from
commons-httpclient. They were not depending on JSSE before but they must
have introduced recently (during the past 2 days) a dependency on it
somehow. Cactus does not use JSSE and I believe Tomcat neither (at least
it is not mandatory).

I'll forward this email to commons-dev.

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Stefan,

That's (probably) because you need 3 directories in the classpath (see
cactus gump.xml that I have patched a few minutes ago):

    <mkdir dir="sample-servlet/target-12/sample/target/classes/unit"/>
    <mkdir dir="sample-servlet/target-12/sample/target/classes/sample"/>
    <mkdir dir="sample-servlet/target-12/sample/target/conf/client"/>

    <ant buildfile="sample-servlet/build.xml" target="dist">
[...]

    <work nested="sample-servlet/target-12/sample/target/classes/unit"/>
    <work
nested="sample-servlet/target-12/sample/target/classes/sample"/>
    <work nested="sample-servlet/target-12/sample/target/conf/client"/>

cactus.properties is located in target/conf/client and has to be in the
classpath.

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.