Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by $aurabh Vig <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/16 07:58:01 UTC

Using Jetspeed password encryption

Hi,

I need to create a new portlet for User Registration as I need to change the
User Info fields associated with each user.
I plan to create a new portlet that will create the user in the Jetspeed
tables and add the user info fields as required by my application.
To do this I will need the password encryption being used by Jetspeed, so
that I an create the user in SECURITY_PRINCIPAL table, its password in
SECURITY_CREDENTIALS table and the rest user info in my tables.
Thus the user created would be a jetspeed user created by my portlet, and
thus the user would login to jetspeed only.

Could anyone please hint me on how can i use the jetspeed encryption algo in
my portlet.
Its urgent, I m bound by a very tight schedule. Any help on that would be
really helpful.

Regards,
Saurabh

On Nov 16, 2007 6:43 AM, $aurabh Vig <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Jennifer,

Could just figure that out yesterday with some hit and trials, and was
trying to see if there was some way with the admin portals to do that
automatically when a new user is created.
I guess writing a new user creation portlet is a way. anything better than
that??

Regards,
Saurabh

On Nov 15, 2007 9:38 PM, Ford, Jennifer M. <JE...@southernco.com> wrote:
Yes, if you make a directory for the user under pages/_user and add a
copy of the page to that, they can modify the page as much as they want
and it won't affect any other users of your portal.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
$aurabh Vig wrote:
> I am also doing the same.
> I hope it should work with all coming versions of Jetspeed also. Am I right?
Yes, you can rely on that!

Regards,

Ate

Posted by $aurabh Vig <sa...@gmail.com>.
I am also doing the same.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Nov 26, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Ron Wheeler wrote:

> I may be way off base but as a newbie, I am trying to get my head
> around the general problem of  how to customize a Jetspeed  portal
> to meet my needs while at the same time , staying in a position to
> move to the next version of Jetspeed.
> Every Jetspeed resource that my developers touch will have to be
> remembered so that we can merge our modifications into the next
> version of Jetspeed.

What resources are you changing that need to be remembered?

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
$aurabh Vig wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> But I Could trace down an archive that says, that we can set the password as
> non-encrypted with the value for IsEncoded as 0, and on the first use it is
> automatically encrypted. I Tried it and it works, I am working on using the
> same in my portlet.
Yes, that'll work too and provides more flexibility and better abstraction of the actual encryption implementation.

Regards,

Ate

Posted by $aurabh Vig <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,