Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rashi gandhi <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/22 07:34:59 UTC

Fwd: help on edismax_dynamic fields

Hello,

I am using edismax parser in my project.

I just wanted to confirm whether we can use dynamic fields with edismax or
not.

When I am using specific dynamic field in qf or pf parameter , it is
working.

But when iam using dynamic fields with *, like this:

<requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler">

<lst name="defaults">

       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>

       <int name="rows">10</int>

       <str name="df">text</str>

       <str name="defType">edismax</str>

*      <str name="qf">*

*                   *_nlp_new_sv^0.8*

*                  *_nlp_copy_sv^0.2*

*      </str>*

</lst>

</requestHandler>

It is not working.

Is it possible to use dynamic fields with *,  like mentioned above with
edismax?

Please provide me some pointers on this.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fwd: help on edismax_dynamic fields

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Dynamic fields in queries and qf - yes. Wildcard field names in queries and
qf - no.

But you can use a wildcard in a copyField in your schema to copy any number
of fields to some common field to search.

That said, I think wildcard in qf is a reasonable request. I don't recall if
there was ever a Jira for it. A quick search did not find one. Feel free to
file one.

-- Jack Krupansky