Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gary Yue <yu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/12 01:23:12 UTC

Axis1.x in Java6

Hi,

does anybody know if Axis1.x is compatible w/ java6?
We are trying to upgrade our server (Axis1.x based) to java6 runtime. Wonder if anyone has tried this before and whether that are any known issues.

thanks
gary

Axis 1,x to/from Axis2

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

I think this may have been asked before and in fact I think the answer
is yes - but just
to be on the right track, would Axis 1.x server calls from generally
coded WS clients
(JAX-WS, Axis2 etc.) that generate standard SOAP messages should be able
to obtain
the appropriate SOAP responses (method invocation results). Yes?

Thanks

Re: Axis1.x in Java6

Posted by Kamal Chandana Mettananda <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We also had no issues.

May be the following tutorial is a good proof as it was completely done with
1.6 and there are so many readers who did implement the same (see comments
section).

http://lkamal.blogspot.com/2008/07/web-service-axis-tutorial-client-server.html

So I guess you should not face any issues.

BR,
Kamal

RE: Axis1.x in Java6