Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Marco Achermann <ma...@bluewin.ch> on 2003/05/21 10:31:12 UTC

Problems running OJB in Eclipse (ExceptionInInitializerError)

Hi,

i'm using the following sources:

- WinXP
- Eclipse 2.1
- JDK 1.4.1_02
- db-ojb-1.0.rc3-src

I set up a (eclipse)project following the documentation under
db.apache.org/ojb. I altered repository*.xml as needed and put them
together with ojb.properties in my project.
I have the mandatory jars referenced so they are accessible within eclipse.

If i now instanciate a PersistenceBroker via

org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker()

I get an Error (StackTrace following below).

I assume that the libraries are not reachable during runtime even though
i added them to the classpath?! Can anybody help me out?

tyk
  Marco

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl.buildDefaultKey(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.init(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unknown
Source)
	at CodeSnippet_8.run(CodeSnippet_8.java:4)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.snippeteditor.ScrapbookMain1.eval(ScrapbookMain1.java:14)
	at
	at
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.snippeteditor.ScrapbookMain.evalLoop(ScrapbookMain.java:48)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.snippeteditor.ScrapbookMain.main(ScrapbookMain.java:29)
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Could not
read repository class descriptor data, using repository: repository.xml:
Class org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence could not be
found in the classpath. This could cause unexpected behaviour of OJB,
please remove or comment out this class descriptor in the repository.xml
file.: org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataManager.init(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataManager.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Class
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence could not be found
in the classpath. This could cause unexpected behaviour of OJB, please
remove or comment out this class descriptor in the repository.xml file.:
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.HighLowSequence
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:524)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:442)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:396)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryPersistor.buildRepository(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryPersistor.readDescriptorRepository(Unknown
Source)
	... 22 more

Re: Problems running OJB in Eclipse (ExceptionInInitializerError)

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
I don't think that the project root directory is on the class path.
here is my current eclipse CP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
     <classpathentry kind="var" path="JRE_LIB" sourcepath="JRE_SRC"/>
     <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/java"/>
     <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/test"/>
     <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/jdori"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="target/test/ojb"/>
     <!-- target/test/ojb is where OJB.properties and repository.xml stay-->
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/ant.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/antlr.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/antlr_compiletime.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/commons-beanutils.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/commons-collections-2.0.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/commons-logging.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/commons-pool.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/hsqldb.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/jdo.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/junit.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/log4j-1.2.5.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/optional.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/p6spy.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/xalan.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/xercesImpl.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/xml-apis.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/jcs.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/commons-dbcp.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/torque-3.0.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/velocity-1.3.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/jdori.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/j2ee.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/antlr.debug.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/commons-lang-1.0.1.jar"/>
     <classpathentry kind="output" path="target/classes"/>
</classpath>

Simply add the folder where OJB.properties and repository.xml reside to
the projects build path.

cheers,
Thomas

Posted by Marco Achermann <ma...@bluewin.ch>.
Hi Thomas,

thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately, i still have trouble with it.

If i instantiate a PB in a Scrapbook OJB.properties and repository*.xml
cant be found ...
If i put these files to the project root, i see again some warnings like
the following:

[BOOT] WARN: Value "org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.ObjectCacheDefaultImpl"
is illegal for key "ObjectCacheClass" (should be a class, using default
value org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.ObjectCacheDefaultImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value
"org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl" is
illegal for key "ConnectionFactoryClass" (should be a class, using
default value org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl)

Seems to me i still have'nt a correct classpath.

Thomas Mahler wrote:

tyk
 Marco

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.