Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Weijun Li <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/05 18:18:26 UTC

Anti compaction and readonly compaction?

What's the purpose of anti-compaction? In what scenario does Cassandra need
to split bit sstables into smaller piece? Also I noticed readonly compaction
in the code. What's the use of this compaction type?

Thanks,

-Weijun

Re: Anti compaction and readonly compaction?

Posted by Stu Hood <st...@rackspace.com>.
Readonly Compactions are used to hash column families for http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArchitectureAntiEntropy . Roger's link refers to anticompaction specifically.

Posted by Weijun Li <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Roger! It helps a lot!