Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 19:54:07 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Welcome as Contrib Committer

The PMC is pleased to announce that Patrick O'Leary has been voted to
be a a Lucene-Java Contrib committer.

Patrick has contributed a great foundation for integrating spatial
search with lucene.  I look forward to future development in this area.

Patrick - traditionally we ask you to send out an introduction to the
community; its nice for folks to get a sense for who everyone is.
Also check that your new svn karma works by adding yourself to the
list of contrib committers.

Welcome Patrick!

ryan

Re: ANNOUNCE: Welcome Patrick O'Leary as Contrib Committer

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome aboard Patrick!

Mike

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Patrick!

+1 for LocalLucene.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Patrick!

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 1:22 AM, patrick o'leary <pj...@pjaol.com> wrote:

> Thanks Folks
>
> I'm in the business well over a decade now; Started my career in my country
> of origin in Ireland, and have since lived & worked in UK and the US. I've
> also traveled extensively establishing development groups in remote offices
> for my company
> in a few countries.
>
> I've worked in several areas, from global publishing services, CRM's /
> fulfillment systems, web server development, to technical operations and
> for
> the past number of years have made a home for myself in search and local
> search.
>
> My background has been in CS, math and physics.
> And despite the rumors my user name "pjaol" is actually an acronym of my
> full name, which is only ever used
> by my mother when I'm in trouble :-)
>
> It will be a pleasure to continue working with all of you, and thank you
> again for this honor.
>
> Thanks
> Patrick O'Leary
>

> > On Jan 16, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:
> >
> >  The PMC is pleased to announce that Patrick O'Leary has been voted to be
> >> a Lucene-Java Contrib committer.
> >>
> >> Patrick has contributed a great foundation for integrating spatial
> search
> >> with lucene.  I look forward to future development in this area.
> >>
> >> Patrick - traditionally we ask you to send out an introduction to the
> >> community; its nice for folks to get a sense for who everyone is.  Also
> >> check that your new svn karma works by adding yourself to the list of
> >> contrib committers.
> >>
> >> Welcome Patrick!
> >>
> >> ryan

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: ANNOUNCE: Welcome Patrick O'Leary as Contrib Committer

Posted by patrick o'leary <pj...@pjaol.com>.
Thanks Folks

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
dooh, never hit paste in the subject line