Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Saisowjanya N <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/30 13:53:04 UTC

Query on increasing virtual memory for java heap size issue

Dear All
I am facing java heap space issue.I want increase the heap size using vm arguments through maven.

When searched in internet I found a solution that says to define ${maven.projectBasedir}/.mvn/extensions.xml in our project

Could you please help on how to define the file ${maven.projectBasedir}/.mvn/extensions.xml in our project

Thanks and Regards,
N.Sai Sowjanya

Re: Query on increasing virtual memory for java heap size issue

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Not sure about the extension.xml way, but typically you cna do this via the
MAVEN_OPTS env variable. But it depends on if you need to increase the heap
for the VM that starts maven or if it is for some forked process. There is
a similar question (with some solutions) here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4066424/java-lang-outofmemoryerror-java-heap-space-in-maven

/Anders

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
Hi!

On 30 Jän 2018, Saisowjanya N wrote:

> Dear All
> I am facing java heap space issue.I want increase the heap size using vm arguments through maven.
>
> When searched in internet I found a solution that says to define ${maven.projectBasedir}/.mvn/extensions.xml in our project
>
> Could you please help on how to define the file ${maven.projectBasedir}/.mvn/extensions.xml in our project

You mean .mvn/jvm.config not .mvn/extensions.xml. See the documentation
here fore details:
https://maven.apache.org/docs/3.3.1/release-notes.html#JVM_and_Command_Line_Options

hth,
- martin