Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/17 10:25:27 UTC

Fixes that decrease existing model performance

Hi all,

I was wondering if we can do bug fixes which slightly decrease
the performance of existing models?

In this case I am speaking about OPENNLP-172 which fixes the handling
of lower case sequences in of the token class feature. It detects a
lower case sequences when they contain only A to Z, but in other languages
are more letters like the German umlauts.

This fix will decrease the recall of the existing spanish person ner
model by 2%,
should we apply it anyway for the next release?

After retraining the recall goes up by 6%.

Jörn

Re: Fixes that decrease existing model performance

Posted by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Jason Baldridge
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics

Re: Fixes that decrease existing model performance

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.