Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2005/12/02 01:04:23 UTC

Recent sandbox commits

I started some sandbox proposed as described in http://
marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-logging-general&m=112649550919155&w=2
and have to take a break before I pick up later this evening.  What
I've done so far is add another directory in the sandbox to separate
the classic "log4j_sandbox" project from other new log4j related
projects in the sandbox like RSS/Atom.

My current thinking is to end up with something like:

sandbox/
    log4j/
       log4j_sandbox/
           trunk/
           branches/
           tags
       contribs (current contribs directory under log4j)
       log4jMini (current log4jMini under log4j)
       RSS (with some substructure from recent contribution and a
place for me to take another approach).

Currently the contribs and log4Mini sources are in the log4j module
but aren't involved in the log4j build and are likely stale.  I think
it would be better to spin them out to the sandbox.  If it is decided
to bring them back under log4j, then it is a simple SVN command to
move them back to their original state.

The SVN commit messages seem to be sent to both sandbox-
cvs@logging.apache.org and log4j-sandbox-cvs@logging.apache.org.
Maybe just a plain add or commit would only go to log4j-sandbox-cvs,
but maybe the commit message configuration needs to be tweaked.