Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vi...@yahoo.co.in on 2012/12/05 14:55:17 UTC

Apache issue

Hello Guys,

My apache instance after sometime become unresponsive & to restore it i need to restart it. Weird thing is that no exception/error is coming in logs.

Can you please suggest what all things i can check for my apache.

Is there any jvm related things which i need to check.

Please suggest what all basic troubleshooting i can do

Thanks in advance
Vicky

Re: Apache issue

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Vicky,

     What are your configs and h/w specs ?Make sure you have enough memory?

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Re: [users@httpd] Fw: Apache issue

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Vicky

Diagnostically, that page is almost useless, since it is displayed for
almost all issues where the browser cannot retrieve the requested
page. It doesn't tell us _why_ it could not, eg "Connection to the
webserver timed out" or "Connection refused" or "No route to host".

Cheers

Tom

Posted by vicky <vi...@yahoo.co.in>.

________________________________

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.

[users@httpd] Fw: Apache issue

Posted by vicky <vi...@yahoo.co.in>.

Hello Guys,

My apache instance after sometime become unresponsive & to restore it i need to restart it. Weird thing is that no exception/error is coming in logs.

Can you please suggest what all things i can check for my apache.

Is there any jvm related things which i need to check.

Please suggest what all basic troubleshooting i can do

Apache version - 2.2
OS - Redhat Linux 5

Thanks in advance
Vicky

Re: Apache issue

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Apache issue

Posted by Darryl Lewis <da...@unsw.edu.au>.
What is the memory use when it dies?
How much cpu is being used by tomcat?
You probably have a fault in the application.

Re: Apache issue

Re: Apache issue

Posted by Darryl Lewis <da...@unsw.edu.au>.