Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by iSquareOne LLC <is...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/15 05:34:40 UTC

HtmlTableRendererBase Error: Row is not available. Rowindex = 0

Hey, all,
  We built MyFaces 1.1.4 using source code as of 7/12. Everything works fine but in the log, it always says:

  2006-07-14 16:49:17,062 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase] Row is not available. Rowindex = 0

  We use a dataTable on the page.

  Anyone know why this error is thrown? It did not affect the function, but I would like to get rid of this error if possible.

  Thanks!

  - Shawn

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: HtmlTableRendererBase Error: Row is not available. Rowindex = 0

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Ok.  I'm now seeing this problem as well (don't know how I missed it before).

I think Michael is correct in that this is caused by the combination
of newspaperTable and dataScroller.

I've been able to reproduce it by having a dataTable with one item,
but a rows value of 10.

The newspaperRows are computed to be 10 (this is a table with no
newpaperColumns), and this is how we get to setRowIndex(1) instead of
stopping at setRowIndex(0).

In the original t:dataTable code, we did this, where rowIndex was
iterating from first to last.

           uiData.setRowIndex(rowIndex);

           //scrolled past the last row
           if (!uiData.isRowAvailable())
               break;

Michael's suggestion was to use this:

            last = first + rows;
+           if (last > uiData.getRowCount())
+           {
+        	    last=uiData.getRowCount();
+        	 }

I think this is probably the correct fix for the problem.
It will definitely fix non-newspaper tables.    It won't affect
newspaper tables without scrollers.    I've tried following it through
with newspaper tables with scrollers and it looks like that should
work as well.

I don't have a current checkout of the myfaces code, so if someone
else could apply Michael's patch, I'd appreciate it.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 7/17/06, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I committed a quickfix to this, where I do not return, but break if a
> row is not available.
>
> This is not the final solution, though.
>
> Mike, you committed the original patch for merging newspaperdatatable
> and datatable - anything you can say about this?

Martin,

It's possible the merge of the two classes caused the problem, but
nothing immediately comes to mind as to a cause.

It seems like the easiest thing to do would be to get a reproducable
test case, then set a breakpoint at the message being logged.   That
should give someone the starting point to determine why the error is
happening.

RE: HtmlTableRendererBase Error: Row is not available. Rowindex = 0

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by iSquareOne LLC <is...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, Michael!
  I think for now, we have to just disable the output in log4j.xml. I hope the development team can resolve this issue soon, because it's very annoying.

  - Shawn

        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                This is already a JIRA issue (TOMAHAWK-467).

---------------------------------

Posted by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com>.
Have a look at the generated HTML:

When there are less than numRows rows in the table then an open tr tag
is rendered but it is not closed again.

This bug is really annoying because I use a lot of Javascript inside the
datatables and now I get script errors and my pages are not submitable.

I added this comment also to JIRA.

A quick fix is highly appreciated!

Michael