Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2012/07/15 08:33:04 UTC

Log4j 2.0 release

I am about to start a vote on Log4j 2.0-alpha1.

Just to make you aware I might do releases a bit differently than others do them.  I use the Maven release plugin and the Apache Nexus repo so you will not see an rc1, rc2, etc on the release anywhere. Instead, if the release candidate fails then I simply drop it from the Nexus staging repo and delete the subversion tag. So if the release fails reviewers need to also remember to delete the candidate from their local system as each candidate will have the same file names.  If the release candidate is good then I will download the distribution artifacts from the staging repo and commit those to the proper svn location and then delete them from the staging repo. Then the staging repo will be released and the artifacts will be published to the world.

Ralph