Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Leitner, Sarah M. [Contractor]" <le...@spawar.navy.mil> on 2002/12/10 16:36:30 UTC

question

On the response from Erik and subsequent emails, I was told to use the
GetElementByID() methodcall. I am having trouble figuring how to use this
call. What do I instantiate to get to it? Can someone give me some sample
code? How do I use GetAttribute (below)?

This was the problem (sorry, the original email is downloaded in my windows
partition): I need to assign a number or letter code to each error message
that can occur, then store the text of the messages in an XML doc. What is
the best way to do this? It was suggested to Parse the error description doc
with DOM and save the document for error lookups (I know how to parse, do I
have to do anything special to save it?).  Then do a GetElementByID()
methodcall supplying the error number. Then I do a GetAttribute to get the
error message in english.

Thanks much for all of your help.

Sarah