Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/01/19 23:50:37 UTC

[comet] state of the implementation

hi,

looking at the tomcat comet module [1] and comparing it to the one in
jetty/dojo [2],
I wonder if the package (api-part) in tomcat shouldn't be named
"org.cometd" (-> [3]).

Another question is, is the tomcat module up-to-date? Since I see some diffs on
the classes etc? (-> API)

Are there some thoughts of a more common module for this? Like working
on the API
with Jetty/dojo and just *reuse* the API, here in Tomcat and just care
about the actual
IMPL ?

Thanks,
Matthias

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/modules/bayeux/java/org/apache/
(and subfolders)
[2] http://svn.cometd.com/trunk/cometd-java/api/src/main/java/org/cometd/
[3] The package dojox.cometd was renamed to org.cometd  -->
http://cometdproject.dojotoolkit.org/documentation/cometd-java
--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [comet] state of the implementation

Posted by Flo <fl...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I had the same concern (and offered to have a look at the current Tomcat
implementation and eventually contribute an impl for the current API). The gap
actually turned out to be larger than expected, so it will depend on our
project plan during the next weeks, whether we'll stick with Tomcat (and
provide that impl) or move to Jetty. That discussion is still open in our
project team, so no decision yet :-(

Regards,
Flo

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.