Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/11 22:25:48 UTC

Re: sending a JSP page by email

Hi,

Thanks for the response. This is really a neat solution of my problem
, since I can use Tomcat's JSP engine to create dynamic emails.

I copied the solution you posted on your blog. The email is sent OK
but, since a use a model 2 web framework like Struts, I send the
email, and then I need to send the HTML response back to the client
browser, but when I call the forward(request, response) method, I get
the typical

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has
been committed

exception.

I tried overriding the method boolean isCommited() { return false;} in
the class EmailResponseWrapper but it doesn't work either.

Did you ran into the same problem that I did too?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

Re: Multiple instances of tomcat

Posted by Darek <dc...@infinitesource.ca>.
All those are threads; tomcat creates 2 at first and the
second forks the rest, if you kill either one tomcat will
exit. I am asking because another server with the same
configuration shows only one single thread.
There are some problems with applications on the first
server, which seem to be related to the memory.
Both servers are running on 2.4.21 kernel and only one of
them shows multiple threads when ps is executed, while both
have tomcat 4.1.27 and j2sdk1.4.2_04. i am not sure what
have I missed. Documentation mentions CATALINA_BASE that
when defined implies multiple virtual hosts. I am not sure
what I have done, while configuration files look exactly
same.

I appreciate your help.

DarekC